What is The Daily 5?
The Daily Five is a literacy structure that allows for differentiation in the classroom and provides consistency.
It is an integrated literacy instruction and classroom management system for use in reading and writing workshops.
It is a system of five literacy tasks that teaches students independence.
4 Tasks of Daily 5
1. Read to Self
- students read independently
2. Teacher Table
- reading and writing mini lessons take place in small
3. Word Work
-phonics, vocabulary and writing skills are practiced
-listening center and non-fiction reading
*we also have additional writing, phonics and
- Vocabulary by Sadlier-Oxford
- Phonics – Word Study
- Lucy Calkans Units in the Study of Teaching Writing
- Open Court Reading by SRA McGraw Hill
- Many chapter books!